- John P. Monahon
John P. Monahon
J.D., 2006 University of South Carolina School of Law
I.M.B.A., 2006 University of South Carolina, Moore School of Business
B.A., 2002 University of South Carolina
Professional Business Affiliations:
Georgia Bar Association
South Carolina Bar Association
Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
John's practice focuses on advising small to mid-size companies in a wide array of legal matters, including entity formation, securities offerings, reorganizations, employment agreements, option plans, corporate governance, and business succession planning. He uses his broad knowledge of corporate law to assist clients in making well-informed legal decisions that achieve their strategic business goals. John received his B.A., cum laude, in finance and management and a joint J.D./I.M.B.A. from the University of South Carolina.
- Represented a leading imaging company in registering federal copyrights for its computer software programs.
- Represented a technology company in implementing an omnibus stock incentive program, including an exchange program for re-pricing previous options to directors and employees.
- Represented a U.S. beverage company in the negotiation and drafting of a co-packaging agreement with its key foreign supplier.
- Represented a bio-technology company in the implementation of a multi-state private offering.
- Represented an engineering firm in the implementation of a business succession plan, including equity interests for new executive management and buy-sell provisions for key shareholders.